Full-Time Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Open Arms Mission of Welland Inc. is a charitable organization operating a food processing centre and a food bank in Welland and provides food to those with food insecurities in the Niagara area. We are called to innovatively gather, sort, and distribute food to our neighbours in our community.
Faith in Christ – The individuals who are a part of OAM seek to live out their faith in acts of mercy, are formed in their faith as they serve, and are conduits of blessing to those who come to receive food.
Serving People – The people who come to and/or serve at OAM are precious in the eyes of Jesus and will be treated with love, dignity, and respect. People are precious resources and need to be treated with fairness, equity, love, and dignity.
Stewarding Resources – God entrusts all things to us and calls us to use them wisely.
Innovation – OAM is driven by the desire to solve problems that prevent people from getting the food they need by finding new and innovative ways to acquire and distribute food.
The Shipping and Receiving Manager is a full-time role (37.5 hours) that works at the Fresh Food Hub overseeing the acquisitions and distribution of food. This person will work Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. This role is dynamic and will work closely with the Manager of Volunteers to ensure the success of this location.
Purpose: To oversee the gathering, sorting, and sending out of food from the Fresh Food Hub.
• Overseeing the tracking of food that is received and distributed using the prescribed documents (Incoming Perishable Food, Outgoing Food, Shipping Orders, etc.)
• Monitoring the inventory systems to better track shipments and minimize waste
• Conducting monthly inventory checks and write a report of these findings.
• Working with the Manager of Volunteers to organize weekly pick ups from and deliveries to OAM’s partners.
• Picking up surprise donations from donors
• Working with the Executive Director to solicit new donors through mailings, networking, and other avenues
• Ensuring the Fresh Food Hub is kept clean and organized
• Attending team meetings
• Performing other tasks as assigned.
How to ApplyInterested applicants may send resume and cover letter to Marty Misener, Executive Director of Open Arms Mission, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2022. If you require a disability related accommodation during the application process, please inform us of your requirements.
296 total views, 1 today