Seasonal Winter Break Day Camp Counsellor (1 Position)
Winter Break Day Camp Counsellor
Positions available in YMCA Day Camp at sites in St. Catharines, Grimsby, Welland, Port Colborne and Niagara Falls
Day Camp is running December 29 to 31, 2021 in select locations, and January 3 to 7, 2022 at expanded locations across Niagara
Seasonal contract position – 25 to 40 hours per week (part time training hours the week of December 13, 2021)
Hours of work are primarily Monday to Friday daytime, with some evenings and weekends required.
Counsellors are responsible for the safety, supervision, and care of a group of children. They will lead a variety of camp activities for the children in their group throughout the camp day, and ensure they have an amazing camp experience. Camp Counsellors are enthusiastic, caring, and committed.
- Experience working or volunteering with children or youth
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older
- Values driven individuals who make excellent role models for children and youth
- Experience working in day or residential camp is an asset
- Energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- A clear and satisfactory criminal reference check inclusive of the vulnerable sector search (CRC VSS) issued for the YMCA of Niagara
- Successful applicants will be required to adhere to the YMCA of Niagara COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- The ability to participate in ongoing physical activity and work in an outdoor environment in various weather conditions
- Consistently effectively communicate with parents and other team members to ensure a successful camp experience for everyone involved.
- Facilitate and participate in fun, active, and engaging programming.
- Role model positive behaviour for campers.
- Participate in active games, sports, water games, and other activities.
- Be energetic and flexible.
- Providing a fun, safe and supportive environment for campers.
- Embrace diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Ensure YMCA Day Camp program outcomes and quality targets are achieved.
- Demonstrate empathy and caring towards campers, staff, peers, and parents.
- All Counselors will share group counsellor, floater, cleaning, and break counsellor responsibilities.
- Other duties as required.
How to ApplyAll applicants are invited to apply online by December 10, 2021 by visiting http://ymcaniagara.campbrainstaff.com/ This posting will remain open until all positions have been filled. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. If you require additional information or have any questions about the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-934-9755 ext. 280.
375 total views, 1 today